On August 1, 2022, the USPTO Patent Center, which has been available to the public since 2017, will fully replace the legacy Public Patent Application Information Retrieval (Public PAIR) tool for the electronic filing and management of patent applications.
The USPTO alleges that the Patent Center provides a faster, more streamlined search experience. In addition to providing improved system performance and a more intuitive user experience, Patent Center incorporates all the existing functions of Public PAIR, as well as several enhanced features that allow users to:
- Search publicly available information as a guest by application, patent, Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT), publication, and/or international design registration number
- Sort documents and transaction history based on column headings
- Perform a quick document preview
- Download multiple documents at once within a single PDF file or in a ZIP file (new)
- Download patent references (new)
- Download documents in DOCX and XML formats (new)
- Download bibliographic information in XML format (new)
See the full press release here.
by Element IP
Element IP is a premier boutique intellectual property law firm. Created specifically to service the needs of users of the US patent system, our firm combines extensive experience in patent procurement, counselling, licensing, post-grant proceedings, and litigation with innovative technology and staffing solutions to provide clients with high quality work product in a cost-effective and efficient manner.